Coastal Systems planned and designed the redevelopment of the Bluepoint Fisheries waterfront industrial area in Port Canaveral, Florida. The redevelopment consists of a new marina facility along approximately 1,200 feet of waterfront with a combination of wet and dry slips. The dry storage building will provide a total capacity of 580 dry slips, and boat lifts will provide twenty-two additional wet slips. Additional facilities will include a fuel dock, marina offices and store, restaurant and service areas.
Coastal Systems provided the following professional
services for the project:
- Feasibility Study and Marina Planning,
- Hydrographic and Marine Resource Surveying,
- Environmental Resource Permitting,
- Coastal Engineering Analysis for Waves and Currents from Cruise Ships,
- Design of Floating Docks and Waterfront Improvements including Forklift Launching Pads,
- Site/Civil Design including Paving, Grading and Stormwater Management,
- Water and Sanitary Sewer Design, and
- Construction Administration.
Coastal Systems processed and secured environmental
permits for the project from the Florida Department
of Environmental Protection (DEP) for both the marina
facilities and the upland stormwater improvements. In
addition, environmental permits were obtained for the
marina from the U.S Army Corps of Engineers.
Please visit www.bluepointsmarina.com for more details.